Thursday, November 13, 2008

Burn After Reading

I rarely write about movies, even I devour legions of them in my spare time. I enjoyed 'Burn After Reading' on the big screen yesterday and it was grande. I do like all other Coen Brothers' movies, so I was prepared not to be prepared. I must admit that my flatmates & neighbours who came along, were either unimpressed, bored or amused. So there's no definite verdict from the group. Yet I think it is a brilliant film. The acting is great, there is a lot of tacky stuff that is used really well, and the film charms with lots of subtle details - definitely the best part of the movie. I am chuckling all morning thinking back of some scenes.

Seriously, go watch it. The title will make perfect sense afterwards.

14 comments:

Steve and Alfie said...

Totally agree, best film i've seen in months. The part where they're in the car and he gets the name of his bike wrong, still cracks me up now..

Are you concerned about the security of your shit?

EGO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EGO said...

You waited too much time my friend ;)

I watched the movie, maybe, one month ago, it was excited, very funny and completely different from the other coen's movies, that's the greatest thing.
They have everytime new big ideas.

Anonymous said...

Brad made it. without him it would have been very very flat

Anonymous said...

placements going well then...

Anonymous said...

How is the freelance going?

Anonymous said...

exactly what i was tinking, so wally what's gwarnin'?
seems you're blogging more frequently since you've been there. Can't be that busy can it?

Where's Jai?

Anonymous said...

Maybe they're inspired by having real work to do, hence more posts.

Are you saying it's a bad thing they're posting more often?

Anonymous said...

Seriously, did you read this before posting it? If there's a copywriter in this team they need to learn to communicate! You were "prepared not to be prepared"? That doesn't mean anything!

Anonymous said...

If you know the movies the Cohen Brothers make, you'll know what this means. It's talking expecting anything to happen, to be prepared that you cannot be prepared for what is to come.

Anonymous said...

"It's talking expecting anything to happen" ???

This team needs a copywriter - please help them!

Anonymous said...

Ah, writing too quickly without thinking, guilty. And yes, Jai doesn't proofread all my comments, thank god.

Anonymous said...

There was just an 'about' missing really.

Anonymous said...

my comment to Jai and Wal is "you funny guy".
And as for the Coen brother's didn't they do the one where the brothers were joined together, and it had a very unexpected ending too. Personal faves Farrelly brothers, and Mamet, and myself. Love them films.